Liberal Cupcake trying to change the world and maintain her sprinkles.

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Judge not lest...

Judging people based on superficial things is bad. Everyone knows this. I try to follow this ideology in my everyday life from work(no duh) to walking around downtown. At restaurants I box up my leftovers and find(it's not really finding when they are everywhere) homeless people to give them to. But when it comes to shoes I feel like judge not lest ye be judged is fair and I'm ready for it. Judge me on my shoes while I judge your shoes. 

Lately I've been spending a lot of time hanging out with my boyfriend and his mother. We often run out of things to do so we go shopping, mostly for shoes. And by shopping I mean we kind of look for shoes we like while actually trying to find the absolute ugliest shoes in the store and show them to each other. Great bonding experience. 

Currently there's a trend going on with shoes to be incredibly ugly. Sometimes I find shoes that would only be okay in a post apocalyptic future where people don't have the resources to bathe yet have amazing hair. 

I could wear these while fighting zombie hordes and searching for clean water. 
Usually though I find shoes that pair a native american pattern with a 5 inch pump and add glitter just for fun. Don't get me wrong, glitter is wonderful when used for good but it tends to be a weapon of evil more often than not. 

No comments:

Post a Comment