Liberal Cupcake trying to change the world and maintain her sprinkles.

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Sex and Faith

I had a rough and violent childhood. My life was hard and challenging and often overwhelming in high school. When I needed help and support I looked for a community that could provide that. As a teenager my best option was a church. I've always believed in a higher power, and that view is ever evolving, so church was a viable option even though I don't believe in the general church rules for living. I managed to make it work, I found a great church that let me have space to grow and encouraged me to have a good future. I was an active member and truly enjoyed being there. My views on sex, politics and women's issues were at times obstacles to being close to some people but I was able to maintain many great friendships. I never really dated in the church because I knew what I was looking for wouldn't be there.
The church I went to was kind of awesome,  easily way better than the church Raptor Jesus preaches at.

My body is my own. My sex life is my own. I am happy to encourage and support anyone with their personal sexual choices. I believe sex should be a positive and happy experience in life and it should be on your terms. Enjoying sex is one of the great parts of being human.

I've been having sex since I was almost 18 and for the most part I loved it. Being ashamed about my sex life just wasn't an option to me. I was uncomfortable discussing it with others at first but college quickly lifted that problem out of my way. Sometimes the sex wasn't great, sometimes I wasn't entirely sober, sometimes I wasn't completely honest but mostly I have very happy warm fuzzy memories about sex.
True love waits years to appear. Sex is available right now!

As I got older my goal within my sex life became clear, I want to be a partner that you think of and have fond memories of. I don't want to be a trigger for someone else or a regret. I think I've been doing well on that front.

I believe that Jesus was a great man that made a lasting impact on the world. I try to be as Christ like as I can be in my daily life. I work with at-risk youth, I make sure to give food to the homeless nearly everyday, I show those around me that they have value in just being themselves. I don't aim to be a saint or a pastor or famous even. I just want to be good to others. 

My job has done the most to dampen my belief in God. When I'm working with a 9 year old girl that generally likes me but at that moment is trying to bite into my arm with all her being and her sense of self is shattered from a life of sexual abuse I can't see where God fits into this world.
Who needs a ladder when you have Timmy at the keyboard, I'm sure he'll do the right thing soon. 

At best God is a kid, his plans were not the best thought out or functional and he's lost interest much like a 12 year old that is constantly typing 'rosebud' to give their preferred Sims family a great life with no interest in the other people he has created.

No comments:

Post a Comment